Setting up your ClassVR Headsets
ClassVR headsets can be configured to work with your school’s technical infrastructure. Our technicians setup and configure everything for you, meaning all you will need to do is open the box and turn them on.
Configuring Your Headsets*
Setting up devices can be time consuming, so our technicians get everything ready for you. When you receive your headsets, just turn them on and you are ready to start teaching! Our technicians will:
- Configure each headset with your school’s wi-fi details
- Enroll each headset into your new ClassVR Portal
- Download and setup a default VR lesson on each headset to get you started
- Rename each device to your own requirements
Setting up Your Teacher Portal*
Our technicians will configure and setup the ClassVR Portal so everything is ready for you to use. All you need to do is create an individual password and you are ready to go! Our technicians will:
- Configure the ClassVR Portal for your school
- Add teachers as individual users
- Setup groups and classrooms
- Provide important network, firewall and port configuration requirements
*Only available in the UK. Please click here for support on setting up your headsets.
Our educational specialists have extensive experience in training teachers to use technology successfully in the classroom, and are able to adapt their sessions to meet the needs of your staff.
The ClassVR CPD course has been designed to help you get the most from your new investment. This course consists of comprehensive, bite-sized lectures with short videos and quizzes, which allows you to learn at your own convenience. You can re-visit the course at any time, so you can refresh your memory or sharpen your skills.
Online Advanced Training*
Our 1-hour online sessions are delivered by one of our educational specialists who will provide your school with advanced knowledge and information needed to deliver engaging lessons in VR. These sessions include how the manage headsets in class, how the send content and how to upload custom VR content.
Onsite Advanced Training*
Our onsite training session includes everything in our online training session and much more! A typical session will take up half a day and includes in-depth theory-based and practical training on how to use the ClassVR headsets, software and to effectively use VR to engage students in the classroom.
*Only available in the UK. Please speak with your local ClassVR representative for any of your training needs.
A Typical Training Session
Here is what a typical training session will look like:
- Our trainers ensure that you and your team have completed the ClassVR CPD online training to familiarise yourself with the ClassVR system before a online or onsite session.
- Before an online or onsite session takes place, our trainers ensure that your headsets are set up correctly and running smoothly.
- We give your teachers all the information they need about the headsets, starting right from the basics.
- Your teachers are introduced to the intuitive ClassVR Portal, including how to manage headsets in class, how to send 3D models, explorable scenes, 360 degree images and videos to the headsets instantly, and how to upload custom VR content.
- Our trainers teach you and your staff how to utilise ClassVR and deliver your first successful VR lesson!