With the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 virus, the ClassVR team wants to ensure that our users are comfortable and confident using their headsets as they begin to return to school. Below, you will find some brief guidelines on the best way to use ClassVR headsets safely.
It is important to ensure that whenever you are using ClassVR with you students you are doing so in a safe manner that minimises the risk of infection from viruses.
First and foremost, you must make sure that you are following the guidance from the government in your country of residence. As a general rule, keeping a safe distance from your students and asking them to do the same is important, as is washing your hands before and after using the ClassVR headset.
The structure of your VR lessons will not have to change much, but here are our guidelines and an example of how a lesson can be run safely.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before handling the ClassVR headsets of cases.
- Open the charging case if possible and unplug the headsets from their cradles. If you are using a thirty cart simply unplug the headsets and lay them out on a table or clean surface.
- Allow student to collect a headset one at a time. Again, ensure your students have washed their hands thoroughly before they do this.
- Once the headsets have been given out you can control the lesson safely using your classroom computer.
- During the lesson ensure students maintain an adequate social distance from one another and remain at their desks.
- If a student requires help with their headset, ask them to place it on your desk or a shared space for you to make any corrections required.
- Once the lesson has finished ask students to leave their headset on their desk before they leave the room. If this is not possible ask them to place them in a shared space that is off of the floor.
- Use an antibacterial wipe to clean the padding, straps and lenses of each headset before returning them to the charging case.
- Once you are finished, wash your hands again.
While there can never be a guarantee that any preventative measures will completely protect from the spread of Covid-19, by following the steps above you will be able to use ClassVR in the safest way possible.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the safe use of ClassVR in your environment then please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Cleaning your ClassVR Headsets
- Wash your hands thoroughly or apply antibacterial gel / hand sanitizer.
- Using either an antibacterial wipe or spray, thoroughly clean the plastic surface of the headset, including the eyepieces and the orange front cover. Pay particular attention to the points that students would have touched with their hands, such as the button panels.
- Thoroughly wipe down the padding around the eye sockets. This is especially important as it makes contact with the nose and face.
- If students have touched the case while collecting or removing the headsets, clean this with an antibacterial wipe as well.
- Finally, wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Repeat this process every time a new group of students uses the headsets.